recently bought a used triumph curious as to others reviews.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by walkinonwater27, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Bronze Member

Does anyone know whether the stainless frame used on the Triumph is the same as the Magnum. I'm curious as to being able to mount the Triumph hopper and tanks on my magnum.

2. OP
    OP
    walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

thanks for all the feedback, lawnking I think you need some really nice insoles for your boots, I used to have the same problem and its an awful one to have everyday when your on your feet all day. I guess im to short? 5'10 my friend has been using it and hes prob 6'1 but I have a bad back from a tree job accident a decade ago. im going to see if moving the handlebars helps although its tough to get motivated this week when its 15* every morning. hoping for warmer weather going into thanksgiving because I still have a ton on the books.

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    walkinonwater27

walkinonwater27 LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

and thanks henry I may take you up on that offer if I cant get this thing adjusted properly. I like all the features on the machine, it has great upgrades compared to the magnum.

hort101 likes this.
  4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

And...if you can manage to mount a soft leather-covered foam cushion in front--to lean your body against--like on the Z-Spray--why not?
    Some mild side support to prevent your stomach from sliding to the side on sharp turns--would be a nice addition.

hort101 likes this.
  5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I use all the dr sholes gel pads, I wear think cotton socks and buy high quality work boots! Rotating boots helps a lot and it gets me through the day! I work snow in the winter, lawn care in the summer. 41 years working outside in new England is gonna take its toll somewhere. Yes I have to endure some ache in my feet, but im thankful its not something worse!

hort101 likes this.
  6. TurfWerks

TurfWerks LawnSite Senior Member

it is not

7. Mr Efficiency

Mr Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member

What year is the machine you bought, is the Triumph older than 2016 if so I have a sulky for sale that has the rear axle forward and makes the Turning so much easier and makes the turning tighter.

Or if you're handy you can move the current sulky axle forward 2.5- 3" that's on your Triumph. if it's the bolt-on kind it easier or you could move the rounded one also but it's a little bit of a pain to cut the welds.
    You also need to cut off and te weld on the brake holder tabs.

All the newer Triumphs 2017 and newer have the forward rear axle on the sulky to make turning much tighter easier. They also have front wheel weights that help the traction because when you move the rear axle fullard you lose some traction

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    hort101 likes this.