1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Recomendations on Blade Sharpeners

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Gonzo686, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Gonzo686

Gonzo686 LawnSite Member

Howdy, I've been looking for a blade grinder and would like some input on which on would be the best buy. The Mag is a little out of price range. Have been looking at the RBG and 1 from Foley Bellshaw. I want to be able to do Mulching blades also. Found one from Oregon but it looks a little flimsy. Thanks for any info.. Oh BTW, What are they talking about with Left handed blades??

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Try posting this in the commercial lawn care forum and you'll get a lot more replies. I was gonna suggest the oregon but i'm not sure if it will sharpen curved blades. If its a mulching blade with a straight cutting edge then it would sharpen that.

3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

How many mowers and blades do you have?? I've always used a 4 1/2 in angle grinder. A steady hand will sharpen any blade.

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

The only thing about a hand grinder or a bench grinder is they tend to round off the tip which shortens the blade.