1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Recomendations on Massey Ferguson Tractors

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by Meistro, May 23, 2008.

1. Meistro

Meistro LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Can anyone provide an opinion on Massey Ferguson 1500 series compact tractors? I am thinking about making an investment to be used on a 10 acre hobby farm.

2. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

Kubota, better tractor, better parts and usually better service. Massey used to be an elite tractor company but I think somewhere in the 80s things went down hill fast. Not sure about their latest line, but you'll never go wrong w/ some orange.

3. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I think MF is a decent no frills machine. Buy the re-badged cat & get a better warranty.

4. macaw

macaw LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know about the 1500. But I got the 2310 a sub-compact with loader and backhoe last year it is a well built and is the right size for my 8.5 acres.I have used it on a few jobs and have picked up some more landscaping jobs.

5. coobie

coobie LawnSite Member

I had a 1998Massey 1240 sub-compact 28hp 4X4 and loved it.My problem was no local dealers,we had 3 in my area at one time all but 1 is now out of business.I called agco company who owns massey in alanta Ga. and talked to a VP about getting a massey dealer in my area and he told me maybe I should buy green or orange tractor,no BS story.I did buy a orange tractor,Kioti Dk40 se 41hp and could not be happier:)I think the upper managment at massey does not care about the customer any longer and I find this sad.I would take a hard look at Kioti tractors:usflag:coobie