Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months back I purchased a new hedge trimmer for a new account that I picked up. Needed something with a little reach on it but didn't want to spend a fortune. I found an Echo SHC-2100 for around $380.00 and it has made my life a whole lot easier. My trimming time is about half what it used to be with my Tanakas and my ability to reach the taller shrubs is much better. I didn't get the ones with the articulating head but really haven't needed any so far for what I do. I have been using Stihl trimmers, edgers and blowers but have been very pleased with my new hedge trimmers. I just thought I would recommend to anyone planning to purchase an extended reach trimmer to look at these before you buy. Another thing I like is they save me from a lot of lower back strain when you have a lot of shrubs to do. I use them for everything because I can stand over the shrubs and get a better view. I think they might even look better now!

Happy Homer

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would have gotten the articulating head. Good for low hedging while still standing. You can always find a use for them!

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I have the Stihl FS-85 with the hedge trimmer attatchment. It also has the articulating head. I found that besides the ability to reach up high, it's easier to cut the hedge straight because your standing back from the hedge.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have the Echo trimmer with the articulating head. Excellent. I also have the hedge trimmer attatchment for my Stihl power pruner. It's O.K. if your gonna do one or two trees, but after that it gets heavy. If I can safely get on a step ladder and use my Echo I will do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.