Recommended gloves for spraying

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Da_Brando, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Da_Brando

Da_Brando LawnSite Member

I'm looking to buy new gloves for our spray techs. We've done some research but there are so many options that we have no idea what to go with. We want something more durable than nitrile. Any suggestions?

rlitman likes this.
  2. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Silver Member

You do know that nitrile comes in different thicknesses, right? I use 9 mil nitrile gloves when working on my car, and re-use them a lot. The 5 mil gloves hardly last me a minute, and the 7 mil, not that much longer.

Just remember to train your guys to never use their mouths when re-inflating a used glove. Shake it down, twist the hole shut, and squeeze down the air trapped in the palm to inflate the fingers. If you can't get a finger to inflate, there's probably a hole.

3. OP
    OP
    Da_Brando

We do have nitrile in different thicknesses that our guys have been using. We want to get something more durable than what the nitrile provides.

4. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I use the dipped cotton gloves. Waterproof all around and easy to get on or off.

5. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Fanatic
    from Chicago

Have you tried pvc?

6. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member

I tried these. My hands stunk so bad. Not breathable. Really sucks because I hate the big green gloves

7. zlandman

zlandman LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Yeah, they do get smelly :puke:

hort101 likes this.
  8. kemco

kemco LawnSite Silver Member

HD nitrile less than $3 a pair. I usually use them about 3 days in a row. Yeah by then getting a little rank. But heck if I used one pair a day it's $3 ! I think that's an ok expense for what apps bring in in my opinion.

9. OP
    OP
    Da_Brando

We haven’t tried anything yet. Just looking for some suggestions and opinions.

10. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Are your techs pulling hose or doing ride on? I don't wear gloves when applying with my ride on. Only when I load.