Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.
Been in business for a while now, and wanted to know the other pros opinions on Red Hawk Mowers.
I use Ferris and Exmark, just wanted to know what others think of Red Hawk.
They look alot like Dixon Industries and the eariler Exmarks.
Thanks

mark

· Registered
15,225 Posts
Red Hawk mowers go by many other names like The Landscaper, Black Rock, Dixie Chopper, Buyers Gold and many others. It is not a Exmark or a Dixon and never has been. Red Hawk mowers have their steel parts fabbed in China and then import them and final assembly in made here in the States using the same parts that a lot of "brand name" mower use.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw an advertisement by mutton power, Brand new Red Hawk 48" belt driven for 1600.00 plus 200 freight.
I am staying with exmark and ferris, but for maybe some small residentials I could put one of these to use. I also saw some adds for Bob Cat, and one of my dealers started selling Everride walk behinds. They dont look too bad either.
Mark

· Registered
5,710 Posts
Red Hawk mowers go by many other names like The Landscaper, Black Rock, Dixie Chopper, Buyers Gold and many others. ...Red Hawk mowers have their steel parts fabbed in China and then import them and final assembly in made here in the States ...
I think the Dixon WB series are the same as the Red Hawk mowers, they just purchase them and paint them Dixon blue !!

· Registered
5,710 Posts
The Dixon Walkabout series are "BlueHawks" Redhawk in blue paint.

Q
OK, I didn't get this far before I answered the question ... anyway, it is the "BlueHawk" variety !!

· Registered
5,710 Posts
Wow, those mowers are really getting around. I don't know who the actual manufacturer is but I'd be willing to bet that they're selling a lot of "pre-fab" mowers.
You can stake your virginity on that ... LOL !!

· Banned
200 Posts
I have the Red Hawk 32. It does fine. Can be tough to find parts for. Maybe I need to go to the local Dixon dealer and see if they can help. Thanks guys. And yes, I plan on making it a back up when budget permits. But, with the economy the way it is, I am not planning on any major purchases for a while

· Registered
474 Posts
For all the RedHawk buyers out there... (regardless of what color it's painted)

Go ahead... buy a Chinese lawnmower. Send over a few more bucks to help pay for their military expansion. I'm sure they appreciate your personal contribution to the "People's Revolution".

But, don't be back on here six months from now whinin' about how some illegal "stole" all of your accounts for ten bucks a throw. Don't be complaining when you can't find a lawn to mow because your neighbors are all out of a job. This "Globalization-thing" cuts both ways. :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

Prosperity is created one of three ways: Farming, Mining or Manufacturing. Everything else exists (economically) because of those three things. Kill any one of 'em and there's no money to pay for "services".

And, as Forrest Gump would say; That's all I have to say about that. :waving:

:usflag:

gp

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.