1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Red Max blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hagen, Sep 29, 2003.

1. hagen

hagen LawnSite Member
    from texas

i was lookin at buying a red max 4800.I was wondering what yall thought about them.

2. Timbo

Timbo LawnSite Member

I have never used them personally, but I did just talk to a guy the other day that swears by them. He thinks they are the best. Apparently Red Max is in alliance with Shindaiwa, or something like that. But I really don't know for sure.

3. Sherminator

Sherminator LawnSite Member

Red Max is supposed to make some really good equipment, so I'd say it's probably a good machine. All I ever hear of though is the 7001 model; I assume the 4800 is a smaller model? You really can't go wrong with any commercial brand- if you like how it demos, go with it. Personaly, I use an Echo 650 and it's been a great machine. LOADS of power.

Good luck.

4. G-father

G-father LawnSite Member

The large redmax is the same as the shindaiwa 603 (same engine). I have a 603 and a br400. The shin blows twice as many leaves than the 400 does.

Go with the biggest one you can afford. It is worth every penny.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If you are going to get a redmax, get the 7001. You will never be sorry. One BAD blower.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Get the 7001, much more blow for the buck!

7. mowdini

mowdini LawnSite Member

The 4800 is a lot quieter than the 7000. It has some kind of baffling in the exhaust tubing.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

So? Not that much anyway. Not enough to take less power and performance. The difference in the 2 is night and day.