Lawn Care Forum banner

What blower?

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
I have a 550 which in my opinion is just as good as the 600, with only a tad less power. Its a great blower.

Personally I would choose a 2-stroke over a 4-stroke when given a chance. I consider the 2-stroke inherently more reliable due to simplicity of design. The 3 major big 2-strokes are the Echo 755, Redmax 8001 and the Shindaiwa eb802. They are all very good and i bought the one i found the most comfortable with the best price. I am sure the Kawasaki is very good too. I am also sure that the Stihl Br600 is also a very good blower but since it is a 4 stroke i dismissed it. I bought my EB802 for $400.00 out the door and I think it was a great deal at that price. The unit is very powerful making short work of cleanups and so far it has been perfectly reliable.

realy considering shiny, a local dealer has the 802 for $100 off and it comes with a z5gallon water cooler
If you can get $100 off the Shindaiwa EB802, DONT by anything else! The Shindaiwa EB802 is THE best blower on the market, bar none. It's exceptionally well built, highly reliable, and hurricane-like powerful. At that price, hurry and get it.

Discussion starter · #65 ·
If you can get $100 off the Shindaiwa EB802, DONT by anything else! The Shindaiwa EB802 is THE best blower on the market, bar none. It's exceptionally well built, highly reliable, and hurricane-like powerful. At that price, hurry and get it.
I would allready have it but I am getting a trailer in a few days ( hopefuly) other wise i would have it but the offer ends oct 15 so I most likely will have cash for it

I can't compare. I've only used RedMax. But I see Sthil and RedMax only around here.

Discussion starter · #67 ·
I am going for redmax I think, unless I can get some good reasons not to, I love my redmax edger and trimmer, so I might as well get a red max blower, I think I will get this in a few weeks

Get a used EB7001 (not EBZ7001) off of eBay if you do go RedMax. My friends have both, and the say the power is way better on the older one, and the older EB7001 is a lot more reliable than the newer one. No strange warm-up and bogging problems. I had a Shindaiwa EB630 (which has the EB7001's engine), and it was very reliable, and lightweight. It did use a lot of gas though.

over the past 15 years ive used many different backpacks and the kawasaki 750 is by far the very best i have plenty of power it is a little heavier than some but for precision i have not found anything close to it i care for several condos and apartments and too many residentials and i have never been stuck my kaw i love it and will most likely never buy anything else

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.