RedMax 260TS or 3060TS

Scottdubya83

LawnSite Senior Member
Buying a new RedMax trimmer. I already know I want high torque model. I’ve owned a few of the older 2660ts and 2650T and they were my favorites. I now have a Husky 430LST (I converted to torque model as they didn’t offer it) which is identical to the 3060TS.
I haven’t owned the 260TS so I’m curious how it compares to the older 2660 models. If so that’s what I’ll buy. But if I need to pay $90 more for the 3060 to get what I really want / like (it’s still same old style like 2660 and my 430) then I’ll do it.
Anyone have both RM 260ts and 3060ts?
Or 260ts and older 2660ts? I would love to hear thoughts on how these particular models compare.
Thanks

Envy Lawn Service

LawnSite Fanatic
Well, I came here to ask a question and I am going to end up answering one first I guess.

I went Redmax in the 2300s, 2600s & 3000s days. Overall, at that time to be honest the 3000s was the way to go then for the bigger trimmer or the 2300s for the lighter trimmer. The 2600s at the time was positioned in the middle but it was practically the same weight as the 3000s so why not go for the bigger engine? I ended up wishing I got one 2300s and one 3000s instead of two 2600s.

Now it looks like the 26 series has shed a pound and they have the Torque option. So it would be a better option now. So it really depends on how much weight you are cool with vs how much line you like to run out.

If I were buying this much trimmer now I would go with the 3050 and would likely try the Torque option. I think that is maybe what the 2600s needed? IDK, all I know is that it didn't seem to need to run WOT to cut well and the engine seemed to like to run below WOT too.

With that said, I doubt the engine output has changed much for the 26 and 30 series trimmers. The main difference is probably the torque option and power vs weight. So you have to ask yourself if you liked your old red 26T ones more than your current orange 30T one?

OP
S

Scottdubya83

LawnSite Senior Member
I ended up going with the 260TS. It is exactly what I hoped it would be. It feels like a RedMax. It performs as well as my 2660TS’s that I as so found of, just a little lighter. The balance is perfect. It doesn’t have quite the power of my 430lst, but it’s close enough. I’m glad I saved the extra $100 for the 3060TS