1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax 7001 Blower Parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, Feb 22, 2004.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys, I need to find a new pull-string starter assembly for my Redmax 7001. When I pull the string to start the blower, the string does not recoil back into it's "Chamber". It just stays dangling out of the machine like a shoe-string.. I can punch the starter "Square" assembly all I want, it doesn't knock it back in. I found I could take off the four screws that hold the assembly on, the cord will then re-wind, put the screws back on, and then pull again. Good thing I was testing out the equipment this weekend to make sure everything is in order..

So, anyone got an online source for blower parts?

Or a quick fix on what's wrong?

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

3. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

Mine did the same thing when I first got it, dealer gave me a new one and it has not done it since. If it is still under warranty I would go back to the dealer and get another one.

4. Troyer

Troyer LawnSite Member
    from CT

Mine did the same thing and was out of warranty. I put a small washer (4mm ?) on each screw between the block and the recoil unit. Worked on mine. Good luck

5. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds like recoil spring has broke.