1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

redmax chain saw

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by LawnInOrder, Jul 30, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i just got my redmax top handled saw the g3100 model. It is a pretty nice saw. Haven;t started it up yet, so i don;t know how powerful it is but i will because i am using it upstate tomorrow. I needed a top handled saw to climb with because i already have all other huskys ground saws. I have a 359, 141, and 36" husky. The arboists saw from husky was around $375 and i only wanted to spend around $200. Also all my trimmer, blower, hedge trimmer are redmax and they have nevera let me down. The saw was $219 with an extra saw chain. Has anyone tried a redmax saw? Good, Bad? I will give a review when i come home from upstate. LawnInOrder

2. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Long Island lumber jack.....Cool Wish I could help you but all I know is they make a heck of a blower....

3. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

RedMax's chain saws are without a doubt the worst, weakest and sluggish I have ever use. They should stick to blowers.