Lawn Care Forum banner

Redmax EB 7000 died :-(

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  zechstoker 
#1 ·
On one of the worst days possible, my EB7000 kicked the bucket. Thursdays are deemed "blower days" on my route since most every account on these days requires a ton of BP action, which is especially special since, ya know, it's Fall and it's leaf city all over the north end of town. Man, last week it was truck problems on Friday, and now this.

On the brighter side of things though, I ended up getting a new blower at the end of the work day. Went down to the dealership and picked up the EB8500. The 7000 was great while it lasted (12 years), but I think this 8500 is going to be more legit. I haven't had a chance to play around with it yet, but I'm guessing tomorrow morning is going to be a real treat with this guy on the job :)
Posted via Mobile Device

#2 ·
Congrats on the new blower!

While these blowers aren't cheap they also aren't really expensive. I'm surprised you didn't retire the 7000 a few years ago and keep it as a backup. I bought a BR600 back in '05 and it is now the backup to my BR600 Magnum that I got last year. I pulled the old blower out of the shed a couple of weeks ago and made sure it still runs. I replaced the fuel lines and primer bulb. It starts on the first pull now. It needs a new trigger and shoulder straps but other than that, it's fine.

#3 ·
That 7000 ran like a champ with minimal issues. Aside from the choke lever breaking once or twice, the only real problem it had was the shoulder straps tearing here and there. For one or two seasons, it was only used when the other smaller BP we had wasn't enough. Mainly just used it for heavy leaf clean up during that period, but it's been our primary BP for the last couple years. I'm gonna take it into the shop next week to see if they can fix it. If so, then it'll be the designated back up blower.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.