1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

RedMax EB8000

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by wacamaster, May 23, 2005.

1. wacamaster

wacamaster LawnSite Member
    from MI

Anybody have 1? How does it compare to the 7001's? I wanted to buy one bad but ended up getting a couple 7001's because the sales guy said the 8000's could get real heavy if you workin with em all day. I know I prolly should have got the 8000 cuz it seems the sales guys never know what they're talking about anyway.

2. Mower For Less

Mower For Less LawnSite Senior Member

They told me the 7000's (7001's) would get heavy wearing them all day too when I bought them 2-3 years ago. I guess its all relative.

Kevin

3. LCME

LCME LawnSite Senior Member

agree with what he said. not all the time but most of the time.

4. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

We have 2 one is less then 1 tank old and the other is from last fall it is a great blower. It has hip throt I paid 502 for it.

5. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

I've got the 8000, tried 'em both at the dealer's before I bought blowing 8-12" wet trimmer clippings from his sidewalk. The 8000 is clearly more powerful, and according to Redmax and some who own both more fuel efficient. It is 5 lbs heavier, but the weight is well distributed and it has a waist band/support which surprised me with it's effectiveness. Unless you wear it for long periods, I don't think the weight is really an issue. Using it for an hour or more at a time the weight would likely become important, but remember that if you've got that big a job the 8000 will help you to finish faster.

Be happy with the 7001 since you've got it, they are proven and great blowers !

6. RobH

RobH LawnSite Member

I bought a 7001 this year and absolutely love it. I'm sure the 8000 is even more amazing.

One thing I have noticed is that the 7001 does use a lot of gas, so I'm figuring that the 8000 probably uses even more gas. I can't see how it being bigger that it can be more fuel efficient.

7. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

The 8000 uses their Strato-Charged engine.

8. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

I get about 60 min, sometimes 75 minutes per tank....

9. Tider6972

Tider6972 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Yep, The C Man said it, the 8000 uses the new tech Strato Charged engine, and they are outstanding engines!

10. mastercare

mastercare LawnSite Senior Member

Just last week I bought a Redmax 8000 and love it. I did the old test, and blew a brick along my driveway....the thing is a hog! It's a great machine and I can't wait until leaf season to see the difference.

I've used the 7000 also, and both blowers have excellent power. The 8000 is a bit heavier, but at full throttle, the machine is moving so much air it actually "lifts" itself up on your back a little bit and relieves some weight! Both work great...don't think you could go wrong either way.......

Formerly a big Stihl fan.....when they screwed with their new emissions/exhaust systems...they sacrificied some power in exchange for extra weight..... Redmax from now on.