1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax Ebz8000 Lefthand Or Righthand Recall?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mike Blevins, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

I Am Going To Purchase A Redmax Ebz8000 Soon And Wanted To Know If Anyone Had Heard About A Recall On These? Also Do They Come In Right And Left Handed Models? Any Input On These Would Be Appreciated?

2. ucfjoe

ucfjoe LawnSite Member
    from ORLANDO

i just got my ebz8000 last week i love it...you can get it in either Left hand HIP throttle (standard) or optoinal RH tube throttle...btw i lave the LH and am fine with it, no plan on switching

3. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search on the recall. It was discussed recently. I don't remember if it pertains to the 8000's or not. It's the best blower I've ever had. I too have the LH model but they also sell RH models with the throttle on the tube.:)

4. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

We have one and the power is great. I big problem is the little things that go wrong with them. On/Off switch does not work/ Throttle trigger is very very hard to pull and sticks( yes we have tried everything) Next one will be a Shin 8510