Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so I think I've made up my mind on a new blower.

I've got a dealer that will "let me walk out the door" with an EBZ8001 and 24 bottles of RedMax brand oil (the little ones that mix 2 gallons worth) for 430 dollars, give or take a few cents. Plus he says he'll give me a coupon for 120 dollars off my next purchase with them of 300 dollars or more.

The place seems legit and the staff was knowledgeable on their equipment. I just want to know if this sounds about right in terms of a 'good deal' or if this is some kind of complete ripoff? Like I could go somewhere else and get one for 350 bucks or something? I don't know, I haven't priced blowers in years. I didn't take note of the model but their 'biggest' meaning most expensive RedMax line trimmer was $329.99. It was 25cc's and had some kind of funky head on it. I don't know, I'm almost weary of getting 'free' stuff. Or major discounts. Oh well...I guess it couldn't hurt right...unless I'm about to get bloody ripped off.

I live in GA, if that makes any difference in pricing.

Also...what do you guys think of this blower? I've been hearing good things about it. I wore it while talking to the guy...it's pretty comfortable. It's not a sack of bricks like the Echo PB755, and the straps don't hurt my shoulders. But, I've never run one, and they wouldn't let me 'try before you buy' but it was definitely new. The inside of the gas tank smelled like freshly formed plastic.

Anyway, let me know what you think, guys!

Thanks
-James

·
Registered
505 Posts
That is definatley a good deal on the blower. I have heard nothing bad about them. I have no experience with redmax trimmers but I'm sure they're great. If you want to save money you can go to lesco and get the kawasaki kgt27a with a 26.3cc engine, solid shaft for 232.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have 2 redmax 8001 blowers they are the cats a$$ . they get a little heavy at times but they will blow anything. and yes that is a smokin deal . I also have redmax trimmers (the 2600 model ) it is great. IMO you dont need the biggest trimmer for normal use mine cost right around $299.00 the new model of that same trimmer is the 2601 its got plenty of power for everyday trimming

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Alright, so I think I've made up my mind on a new blower.

I've got a dealer that will "let me walk out the door" with an EBZ8001 and 24 bottles of RedMax brand oil (the little ones that mix 2 gallons worth) for 430 dollars, give or take a few cents. Plus he says he'll give me a coupon for 120 dollars off my next purchase with them of 300 dollars or more.

The place seems legit and the staff was knowledgeable on their equipment. I just want to know if this sounds about right in terms of a 'good deal' or if this is some kind of complete ripoff? Like I could go somewhere else and get one for 350 bucks or something? I don't know, I haven't priced blowers in years. I didn't take note of the model but their 'biggest' meaning most expensive RedMax line trimmer was $329.99. It was 25cc's and had some kind of funky head on it. I don't know, I'm almost weary of getting 'free' stuff. Or major discounts. Oh well...I guess it couldn't hurt right...unless I'm about to get bloody ripped off.

I live in GA, if that makes any difference in pricing.

Also...what do you guys think of this blower? I've been hearing good things about it. I wore it while talking to the guy...it's pretty comfortable. It's not a sack of bricks like the Echo PB755, and the straps don't hurt my shoulders. But, I've never run one, and they wouldn't let me 'try before you buy' but it was definitely new. The inside of the gas tank smelled like freshly formed plastic.

Anyway, let me know what you think, guys!

Thanks

-James
That's a great price...I paid $500 even for mine in '07 just the blower alone. The blower is the balls...i would definitely recommend it. Every day it starts on the 2nd pull no matter how long it has been idle...more power and versatility than one of those "push around" blowers...well maybe not MORE power but plenty of power. My LCO buddy helped me last season on a couple of Fall cleanups and he was "blown away" (no pun intended) by the power of the Redmax. Easily twice the power of the one he had.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good. That's what I wanted to hear.

Does anybody know anything about the 'tab' a few people have referred to in reference to the elbow and its limited turning towards the left? I noticed that in the 8001 I tried on. It didn't seem like it wanted to go perfectly straight...like it was hitting something. Any way to fix this?

523 Posts
Thats a good deal . I also grab the 7000 line over the 8000 for daily use butits nice to have the 8000 on the trailer for when you need it !!!
But I got the light weight redmax trimer and it only ran me $250(tr2301s)
The help and I liked it so much I got a 2nd one!!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
the 8000 blowers are over 500 bucks. I dont' know where you are gonna get one for 350, but your dealer must either be not planning on being in business very long, or registered with the IRS as "not for profit"

Their cost on the blower and oil they are selling to you is about 500 dollars. If they are looking to sell you the package for 430, JUMP ON IT!!!!

Then they are going to give you a coupon??? Just make sure their is another dealer around for parts and service because their time is short lived.

How can you make money when you just sold a blower, oil, and coupon that cost you 200 dollars??

Their loss / stupidity is your gain.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well... I can't use the 120 dollar off coupon on the purchase of the blower, it's for my next purchase with these people.

As far as these people are concerned, they just opened up August 1st of 08 and it's a 'grand opening' sale. Also, they are about half a mile from the Redmax Headquarters. They said "well if we run out we'll just go get you one from down the street" and I was like "huh?" and they said "RedMax is right down the street" and they were exactly right. They don't have to pay for shipping costs on these things...so I think that's why they're able to sell them for so cheap. I mean it's literally so close that one could see (if the terrain was flat and tree-less) the place from the place I bought the blower. They go down there with a truck and pick up stuff instead of having it shipped.

·
Registered
526 Posts
redmax are not bad i know people that run the heck out of them and they come back for more. I would sleep by the shops door tonight and pay cash as soon as they open for that blower if you dont like it you can sell it for close to that price. Hey shoot me a pm where is this guy i got some stuff i have to buy. Oh by the way BUY THE BLOWER!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right down the street from the RedMax HQ in Metro Atlanta, GA. I got the last one they had on sale too! :p I went back in there to get a spare airfilter and they went up to 559.99+ 6% tax.

I definitely bought it. If I had the cash I would have bought another one at the same price but alas I just didn't have the extra MULA.

This blower is on a whole-nother level than the Shindaiwa I've been using (the mid sized 62cc backpack) and would literally blow the 41cc RedMaxs I have AWAY. This thing is great, I love it. I feel it will be overkill for just cleaning up grass but leaves don't stand a chance :)

·
Registered
11,410 Posts
I still love my RedMax stuff.
I kept one full set.

Unless something new has came out, the 8001 is at the top of the food chain.

The only thing I think they could improve on is the quality of the plastic.
It doesn't hold it's color very well when out in the sun all the time.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I payed $500 in March. Great blower but sucks gas. I use it a lot and it takes the abuse. Clean the foam pad before the paper filter, it likes to collect crap. It will blow bricks far!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well... I can't use the 120 dollar off coupon on the purchase of the blower, it's for my next purchase with these people.

As far as these people are concerned, they just opened up August 1st of 08 and it's a 'grand opening' sale. Also, they are about half a mile from the Redmax Headquarters. They said "well if we run out we'll just go get you one from down the street" and I was like "huh?" and they said "RedMax is right down the street" and they were exactly right. They don't have to pay for shipping costs on these things...so I think that's why they're able to sell them for so cheap. I mean it's literally so close that one could see (if the terrain was flat and tree-less) the place from the place I bought the blower. They go down there with a truck and pick up stuff instead of having it shipped.
Please provide me the dealer info that you refer to. I am desperate to find a better deal than my local area which is 570.00 + tax.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
That is one heck of a deal. Pick that up NOW!:walking:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try wisesales.com, they had the EBZ8001 for $499 w/free shipping. Fedex delivered my EBZ7100 this morning. Just for comparison the 7100 was $419. They do add insurance to the shipment which is about $10.
After visiting LawnSite yesterday, I browsed for deals on the web and came up with wisesales.com. I ordered the EBZ8001 for 489.99 + 8.00 for insurance which came to 497.99. They didn't charge shipping. In less than 24 hours, I received it and already blew some early fall leaves. Great unit. Great delivery timing from Wise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.