1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax Stick edger...good or not?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Big Salmon, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Big Salmon

Big Salmon LawnSite Member

looking to purchase a stick edger. i went to a redmax shop today for the first time. Was impressed by the HEZ2500f Bent shaft edger. Anyone have good luck with these. Wasn't sure if I should get straight shaft or bent. I think the bent may be easier to work? Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

2. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

we have 2 of the straight shaft. They're heavier, but shaft driven -+ built better than cable driven bent shaft IMHO. I guess they're a good unit, I personally prefer my tanaka wheeled edger, or old scag back up wheeled edger. I think walk behind edgers do a better job, but stick edgers don't get slammed around by other equipment like wheeled edgers and generally are easier on/off otf trailer from racks than their wheeled counterparts.

3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

We have a half dozen of the HEZ2500S units and have had really good results in the past 2 years since switching.