1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

redmax stick edgers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Jan 28, 2007.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

well i am in need of a stick edger. I nevera owned one but as i read this site i feel i need one to stand out since no one around me stick edges, plus it is good for over grown side walks / driveway and mulch beds. I am a redmax guy so i was looking at their site and there about 8 diff models. My quetion was which model do i go with. and should i be getting a straight shaft or curved? Thanks LawnInOrder

2. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have the straight but would not buy another. its under powered and dosnt cut a clean edge.

3. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I don't own one yet but plan on getting one this season. My dealer reccomended a straight shaft for taller operators like me. So if your tall then the straight shaft would be a good choice. I also like the straight shaft tools because they take up less space on racks.

4. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

TAG Just go with a larger model. Shin and echo make good ones. I dont use it every week like some others. I edge sidwalk twice a year

5. LawnInOrder

how tall are you and what model u thinking of getting. There too many to choose from. Thanks for the replies. LawnInOrder

6. RedMax Man

I'm 6' 2" tall. My dealer carries the HEZ2500S so thats the one i'll probably get or the 2601 straight shaft. TAG^

7. r.eckley

r.eckley LawnSite Member

I have a REDMAX curved shaft bought last spring. Been very satisified with it , i thought the curved shaft was a bit easier to use, seemed to feel better in use. Had an echo before, REDMAX lot better machine!

8. LawnInOrder

thats good to hear. what model was it so i have an idea and how tall are you? Thanks LawnInOrder

9. RedMax Man

Lawn in Order, How tall are you ?

10. Lance L

Lance L LawnSite Senior Member

i have a few redmax straight shafts, underpowered??? you have got to be kidding... i have stopped the blades on mine maybe 2 times in unedged properties after 4 days of rain. not under powered by any means, im 6'3" it works great didnt like the curved shaft at all but had them for a while straight shaft much better imho. plus no flex shafts to replace.