Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have the redmax 8001 blower and it's great. Starts on the 1st or 2nd pull every time and has plenty of power!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just bought an EBZ8001 today and for the power it has...I couldn't be more happy.

Using the 8001 is like using a 10lb sledge to hammer in a staple. And no, I don't mean it's overkill, I mean it's BLOODY POWERFUL. I won't say it's as powerful as my 8HP Little Wonder but...I also won't say it's much different. :)

Although it does depend on what you want. The Stihl is lighter weight (I personally don't like anything made by Stihl except the 4-mix clippers I have), and if weight is an issue, that might help.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Both of these blowers have a tremedous amount of power. My dealer sells the BR600 for $499 and the EBZ8001 for $509.The biggest difference is in the weight. The Stihl is about four pounds lighter.You'll be pleased with the performance of either. The EBZ7100 is also a good RedMax to consider.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I have a Redmax ebz 8001...and love it to death. I purchased mine for only $489 or so though!

Cold: 2 pulls, Warm 1 pull.

Great power...but actually thought it would have more when I bought it, considering the engine size is huge. The sound that it makes when throttling up is music to my ears.

Oh and buy the way, the things sucks the gas down.

·
Registered
160 Posts
i just got a used ebz8000 about a week ago to replace my old stihl br400 and it was a great choice im very pleased it starts on the 1st pull and has TONS of power and ive read alot of br600 droping valves or somthing so i know what i would buy

·
Registered
244 Posts
Another vote for Redmax...a friend of mine has a 7001? or something like that, and it's unbelievable. My next blower will definately be a Redmax.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
You guys keep buying those Redmax blowers, it will only force Stihl to take the best blower on the market and further improve it to make it even better. Gotta love competition!

Seriously get whatever you want to get, what you buy and use will not have a positive impact for anyone else here.

But saying that, I think you need to go out to the dealer and put your hands on both, try seeing how it will be to start up the blower and pick it up and put it on your back and take it off and pick it back up and so on. I have had several stihl blowers over the years and have never had any problems with them, but I read so much hype over the Redmax blowers I thought I would go check one out. I didn't even need to hear it run to know I wouldn't ever want one over my Stihl just due to the heavier weight of the unit, the bulkiness of the unit and the way everything is left open and exposed such as the aircleaner hose to the carb and the carb itself and so on. I am sure it blows real hard, but so does the stihl.

I just went to Lesco and picked up another kawasaki trimmer since they are on sale so cheap and considered briefly getting a blower too, but I have had such good luck with the stihl units and like the way the stihls perform, I don't see me switching brands anytime soon.

Get what you like best, all the people here, myself included, have opinions, but your the one who has to use it.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
my stihl blower is located at the bottom of the river, right next to my red hawk mower, and toro 21"
Dude!?!?! That's pollution, but a great solution:laugh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I forgot to mention this:

The Redmax has a 77oz fuel tank (well over half a gallon). The Stihl only has a 44oz fuel tank, which is well UNDER a half gallon. That means you're going to be taking the Stihl off more often to refuel it, and you may have to stop mid-job to put more gas in it; whereas with the Redmax you'd not only be ahead of the Stihl because it has more power, you'd be able to keep going for longer because of the considerably larger fuel tank. Granted, the motor is 10ccs or so bigger on the RedMax, but it's not like it would be equivalent in terms of run time versus the Stihl.

If you want the most shear power, get the Red. If you want something a little lighter and don't mind sacrificing run time and a little (not much, but noticeable) power, get the Stihl.

Also, they're right when they say in the end what matters is your personal preference. If you find the extra weight (25 pounds and some change, plus an extra +/- 4.5 pounds for a full tank of fuel (since one gallon of water weighs about 8.3lbs and 77oz is a good bit more than half a gallon) of the Redmax to be a problem, then you should go with the Stihl, if you like it.

One last thing in favor of the Redmax... it has holes in the padding on the backrest through which air from the impeller flows and blows across your back. Yes, it actually works. I can feel it through my shirt.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The Redmax is a 2 stroke engine. The Stihl is a 4 stroke. Both operate at nearly the same engine rpm, but the redmax is a larger displacement engine and it sucks in fuel and burns it with every revolution of the crankshaft, the stihl on every other revolution. So even though the Redmax has a larger tank, the amount of fuel burned per hour should be significantly higher than the stihl and would would need topping off more often than the stihl. So there goes that advantage.....

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.