1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Redmax walkbeind trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnInOrder, Dec 10, 2006.

1. LawnInOrder

LawnInOrder LawnSite Senior Member

i was looking at ebay and i came across a redmax walk behind edger. It was like the Tanaka brand. I tought it was pretty cool so i thought i would show you guys.

Does anyone know when they used to make them. Were they evera any good. I don;t see them on teh website so does that mean they are discontinued, not that i am looking for one. i am in the search for a stick edger.
    heres the link http://cgi.ebay.com/redmax-lawn-edg...6QQihZ014QQcategoryZ71267QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

LawnInOrder

2. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

Huh. A Redmax RE220 - sure enough looks like a shaft driven edger doesn't it? I have never seen one of these before - funny cuz I know Tanaka markets their TLE-600 as "The World's First-and-Only" gear driven wb edger - as I was just looking at one the other day.

Go figure.

3. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Huh, thats kinda interesting.

The TLE-600 is not the first. They had models before it for quite sometime. Thats where they get the first from. The TLE-550 and I think there was also a TLE-500. Not sure how far back they all date but its a good while.