• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Redmax, whats going on

Scotty

LawnSite Member
I purchased a new Redmax EB7000, after running it for the day it felt like the engine was not running as fast as the EB6200. I used a tachometer on the 6200 it was around 7700-7800 RPM. The EB7000 was 7500 RPM. The manual for both 6200 & 7000 says 7500RPM is max. Whats going on, why is my 7000 less than the 6200.

Could someone please measure RPM on 6200 & 7000 Redmax. I used a digital tachometer.

The dealer says its 7500 its ok, but my older 6200 have higher RPM. 200-300 RPM makes a HUGE difference.

hogfaneiw

LawnSite Member
As it breaks in it will probably improve.

Are you using a larger diameter line, running longer lines or using a different cutting head? If it doesn't improve and none of these variables are different look for a blockage in the muffler screen and welcome to the wonderful world of EPA.

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
If he is running a cutting head on a blower that would be a problem :)

As I understand the 7000 is designed to run at a lower rpm yet still have equal performance to the 6200. Probably an effort to quiet them a little.

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Scotty is talking about Redmax Backpack blowers, not trimmers.

Runner

LawnSite Fanatic
c You might also want to check the cable to see if it is opening the governor up all the way.

OP
S

Scotty

LawnSite Member
Thanks guys for the information, after using it today, it does seem to blow pretty good. I guess I was just used to feeling and hearing the higher RPM.

Thanks again, Scott