Referral offer?

DVS Hardscaper

LawnSite Fanatic
I was thinking of offering customers free paver cleaning or sealer. For every 1,000sqft of pavers we get referred to us from them I would provide a cleaning or sealer for 100sqft.

Or some thing like that. What do you think?
The ratio is way off. Only 100 sf for every 1000 sf sold from referrals?

Is your average job 2000 sf, or 560 sf?

Most people like to see their friends and family in good hands.

Do your clients a to notch Job and they will be thrilled to refer you without any incentives.

PaperCutter

LawnSite Bronze Member
"No Mrs. Johannsen, you have to refer at least one more patio to me for me to seal your whole patio. Rules are rules!"

Ugh, way to make things way too complicated. If someone gives me a referral, they get a huge thank you, a nice note, and I rock out the referral. If it ends up being closed business, I have a nice gift that I give, but I keep it simple. I buy them by the case, so when I need to I pull one out and drop it on the doorstep. Done.

Gilmore.Landscaping

LawnSite Senior Member
Most people like to see their friends and family in good hands.

Do your clients a to notch Job and they will be thrilled to refer you without any incentives.
X2

I agree with a card, we do cards about a month following completion and Cheese or Chocolate box at Christmas for big clients.

alexschultz1

LawnSite Bronze Member
Finishing the job ahead of schedule with quality work speaks much louder than any "pucker up and kiss ass" incentive