Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What products are registered for use on marijuana?

I know growers will use Avid/Avermectin for mites and Neem oil for mildew/mites but nothing is labeled here in CA currently.

I do see CA has made a website for Marijuana growers and what I would call a Code Enforcement branch.

I'm not a user, but I'd think growers would benefit from a knowledgeable applicator making a solid, legal application vs. someone with a hose end sprayer. ;)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It makes sense that there is nobody responding to my post, but in a few years, I HAVE to think there will be some great information being shared in regards to this!

Until then fellas....

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I know a supplier who has doubled his business by providing cannabis growers with organic pesticides and soil amendments.

As far as what's labelled in California, that's a whole different ballgame.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We can grow legally here in VA, and have friends of the family with legal farms. For the sake of conversation, I've asked- and was confirmed- using hydroponics was more controllable and yet more labor intensive. I'll ask some more involved questions about soil and pest management since his organization runs hyrdo to a certain age then transplants outdoors.

I'm of the opinion organic controls will carry extra weight when it comes to sales and consumption- and of course command a price premium. No different than organic/free-range chickens.

Interestingly, the Big Tobacco firms have obtained grow permits for testing/chemical analysis for a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.