Registering a Trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Weekend Warrior, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Weekend Warrior

    Weekend Warrior LawnSite Member
    Messages: 16

    Just bought a 10' Used Haulmark trailer and I need to get a liscense plate for it. I have the bill of sale, do I just take that to the tax collector and get a tag? Also, will I have to pay sales tax on the estimated value of the trailer? Thanks for your help.

    TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,138

    Title take it to the court house and yes pay the taxes no much 2004 haulmark like 10 bucks.
  3. lawnman_scott

    lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 7,547

    You will have to pay 7% sales tax on what you paid for it. You will need a receipt, can be hand written. And the plates will cost you depending on the weight of the trailer. I would guess that trailer weighs about 599 pounds or less.

Share This Page