Lawn Care Forum banner

Regular Cab Short Bed Update

60K views 123 replies 36 participants last post by  Cornell 
#1 ·
Hey guys, haven't posted in awhile but I've been insanely busy working and trying to keep up even with all the rain.

I had my picture thread deleted because of an issue with an individual that I can speak more of later possibly, but for now it has to wait. One thing I need to share is the truck I put a ton of work into is getting closer and closer to completion and would like to show some pictures of it. It has been my DD for about a month now and I got my wheels and tires today for it and it sure helped in the looks department.

Hopefully soon I can again share pictures of some of the work we do for those that enjoyed seeing it.

Take care!

See less See more
#9 ·
Why would you want a short bed?
Because it's fun!

Thinking about getting a 6x12 or 7x14 enclosed to keep all of my stuff in (fabric, tile, grid, tools,etc)

Not a fan of long beds at all

I just fell in love! Those rims looks awesome! I was pretty bummed when your thread was deleted but I hope it all gets worked out and you can continue to post pictures.
Me too! they look really good and the truck rides really well too. can't believe it.

Love your thread and your pics! Truck looks great. Hope everything gets worked out and we can see the doosan swinging boulders again soon.
The DX180 is still swinging rocks. It's been a challenge this year with all the rain but we've been powering through it and keeping busy elsewhere.

Loved seeing your photo thread I was wondering what happened...

Truck looks awesome! I bet it goes like stink!
Posted via Mobile Device
She moves! my buddy has a stripped down 1200CC Sportster and he can't keep up from a roll or a dig. It was pretty funny seeing the look on his face the first time. The truck actually pulls on him pretty good too.

#12 ·
The truck looks great...and I don't like short beds. Ha!

Looking forward to more work photos, I enjoyed the other thread.
Good to hear! I've got quite a few pictures but I've been forgetting with all the shuffling around that's been going on trying to work through the rain. One of the job sites I'm trying to finish up on has had 15.75" of rain since May so it has not been fun at all.

looks cool. So is that a 2500? Is it a diesel? Did it need some counterweight?
Yeah 2500HD regular cab long bed shortened. Frame and it's a 2007 classic LBZ Duramax. The frame looks factory and I gusseted the frame where it was shortened. From what I've heard the factory welds aren't all that great anyways so I'm willing to bet it's stronger.

As for counterweight it might need some in the winter. It likes to light up the tires under 30mph even with 420-430rwhp right now.

Just a blast to drive, I don't drive the crew all that much anymore.

I average 19.5 combined but haven't had any longer trips to test highway MPG. Heading to the parents cabin so I may do some testing on the way up and back. It's around 160 miles.

#15 ·
That thing is sick!!!!! So jealous, enjoy it
Thank you! I love driving the thing. It will be better once the SLT interior is in it and I have a radio again. :laugh: The W/T seats with no arm rest are awful.

Truck looks awesome! Glad to see you're still around.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep I'm still around. Actually finally finished a 900' long wall I've been struggling with for the past month and a half jumping back to and out of again because of the rain. Today was a good day, and it's my Birthday tomorrow so I and going to a truck show and maybe take the girlie out to dinner.

#25 ·
thank you! I love driving the thing. It will be better once the slt interior is in it and i have a radio again. :laugh: The w/t seats with no arm rest are awful.

Yep i'm still around. Actually finally finished a 900' long wall i've been struggling with for the past month and a half jumping back to and out of again because of the rain. Today was a good day, and it's my birthday tomorrow so i and going to a truck show and maybe take the girlie out to dinner.
great looking truck man!!! I have the same thing in black, what rims and tires are those? Been looking for awhile

#26 ·
Was that you that installed the boulder wall in the development next to the storage area in Maple Grove? I thought I seen your equipment up there. We are installing irrigation in a few of those homes in that development.
On Bass Lake Road? The storage is for RV's and boats IIRC? Then yeah I did a couple walls in there and have to go back to do some small ones around the houses.

great looking truck man!!! I have the same thing in black, what rims and tires are those? Been looking for awhile
Nice!

Tires are 33x12.5 Toyo M/T's
Wheels are 22x12 Gear Alloy 726's

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.