Regular pistol grip walk behind mowers seem troublesome for new workers.

JC's_Lawn_Care

LawnSite Member
That's ok, I removed mine altogether. Didn't want to, but they really dug into my palms. The comfort difference is night & day.
I did this too but I installed a tethered kill switch and just attach it to my belt loop. Saves the hands but still kills the mower if something happens.

Attachments

• 71nHnNFmcZL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    71nHnNFmcZL._AC_SX425_.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 9

Hurryupelectric

LawnSite Silver Member
I can normally squeeze the brake just enough to disengage the drive and then just pull it back.
There was a guy at the dump asking about the sw15. He said he had a belt walk and when I asked him about putting it in reverse a hundred times a day he said he just pulled it back. I wasn’t a fan of pulling the Turfmaster back, definitely dissuaded me from being serious about the world lawn 32.

Hawkshot99

LawnSite Silver Member
There was a guy at the dump asking about the sw15. He said he had a belt walk and when I asked him about putting it in reverse a hundred times a day he said he just pulled it back. I wasn’t a fan of pulling the Turfmaster back, definitely dissuaded me from being serious about the world lawn 32.
After having a dual hydro i dont want to go back to a belt, but the reverse wasn't that bad. Biggest thing was trying to make sure I didn't get in a spot that needed it. But if I did, mower pulled back very easy as long as not up hill.

Cam15

LawnSite Fanatic
I’m not a fan of belt run walk behinds. But if I ever needed a cheap quality mower you can bet I’ll be buying a belt walk behind.

GRANTSKI

LawnSite Silver Member
I think I’ll always keep one wb. Even once I have 3 mowers on the trailer. That $4k mower is literally 1/4 of the price of a high end ztr yet produces the same amount per man hour $$. Lower maintenance/ lower gas consumption = whoops the ztr when it comes to ROI (as long as used on the small lawns where it won’t affect efficiency)

Top Forums