1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Remanufactured Engines?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mowman, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Any of you ever heard of Marshall Remanufactured Engines? If so are they any good? I'm looking to buy a 1985 GMC truck that now has a very TIRED 305ci. This truck is in decent shape. Has all the options. Has new trans,fuel tank and lines, brakes and lines and a brand new radiator. I can buy it for a $1000.00. I want to put in a new 350ci. engine and am looking for a quality remanufactured engine. Any advice on where I can get an engine will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mowman

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

3. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on Jaspers Engines!

I've purchased a few engines from them, they do quality work.

Dave

4. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

You may want to check out a new Target engine from GM. These are new engines with -I think 50,000 mile warranty.

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Remanufactured and rebuilt are two different things. You will be way ahead of the game with a remanufactured motor. Jasper does make good motors and you really can't beat the warrenty. That would get my vote. Go with a company that will be around if you need the warrenty before 50,000 miles.

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I bought a used truck with a Jasper Engine in it. It had 9,000 on the engine when I bought the truck and it's had another 50,000 put on it since. It's still running strong yet. ;)

7. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

Id go with a GM crate engine,nothing against Jasper engines or any other reman out there,but from my experience,a reman never,ever lasts as long as the original,and the original increases reliabilty,resale,and has udates,and improvements that a rebuilt 1985 engine will not have.Thses all add up to a better value,even if it costs 250 bucks more.Oh yeah,the Gm engines have a 3yr/50K nationwide warranty on them,any dealer in any state will do the warranty work,if needed.This is a big plus to those who travelor have seasonal homes out of state.