1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

remote mount oil filter?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by lqmustang, May 15, 2005.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know about anyone else, but changing the oil filter on my kaw's is about the messiest part of maintenance. Is there anyone out there that offers a remote mount for the oil filter? Something that will relocate the filter to a more use friendly place for changing. If not, someone want to come up with one? I'll take 2.

2. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

3. lqmustang

Alot of nice stuff there, but I'm not seeing anything that would work for a mower engine. Am I missing it somewhere?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Yes you are ! Click on universal relocation kit and it gives the size and thread pitch this unit will fit. You must measure your engine where the filter screws on and compare size. :cool2:

5. riches139

riches139 LawnSite Senior Member

6. lqmustang

Thanks for the info, now that I see there are part available to do this, the next trick would be to find a place to for the remote mount that would be easy access, but out of the way.

7. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Well that ones on you ,I'm sure you will find a place.
    Good luck