1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Remote Operated Master Valve?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by txirrigation, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I like the cut of your jib, Green, good for you. :clapping::drinkup::waving:

2. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

What is preventing- about 200 yards of asphalt.

There is no power, and no economical way to get it there.

It would have to be a completely self contained valve, that is synced with controller. But like I said the svc's dont keep time that well.

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

How about a battery operated controller (above ground) with a regular valve. I've had one at a golf course for about a year and so far so good.

5. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

Solar powered wireless control switch relay would probably be the way to go.
    LINK

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Any reason why ya need the MV on this particular job?

7. txirrigation

txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

A master valve would prevent the leaks from leaking 24/7 while the system was off.

8. FIMCO-MEISTER

FIMCO-MEISTER Banned

9. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I wonder how the cost of a solution compares to the potential water savings.

10. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

We manage a 75 zone community system that irrigates everything- 1 water source with 40 controllers ( 1-4 zones per house)

Like you, they probably have leaks under the roads and they don't want to pay to find them

There was a power source near the back flow assembly so we installed a dedicated controller only with a 2" PGA master valve

With all the multiple controllers the system only has about 6 hours of run time- the rest of the time the leak isn't happening.. We also installed a rain sensor on this controller which will prevent the system from operating when it rains . A cheap solution to a huge problem