1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum .

    Dismiss Notice

Removing Perennial Rye from Tall Fescue

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by slash8118, Mar 8, 2012.

  1. slash8118

    slash8118 LawnSite Member
    Messages: 43

    I have a fairly new lawn which is about 90% tall fescue in Knoxville,TN. The other 10% is weeds and perennial rye. I know how to get rid of the weeds but not the rye.
    I honestly have no idea how it got into my lawn in the first place, but that does not matter now.
    I am 100% sure it is perennial and not annual. (i've heard annual will die in the summer heat)
    Is there anything i can do? One thought i had was to round-up all the perennial rye next fall before doing a fall seeding with tall fescue.



Share This Page