Removing stud in Stihl Farm Boss 029

Breezmeister

LawnSite Gold Member
Stihl farm boss 029
Normally, I would double nut a bar stud to get it out, but the bar stud is spinning in the housing, in both directions.
Because this is a plastic housing, is there any way to safely remove the bar stud with out breaking the housing ?

Jeff in AL

LawnSite Senior Member
Stihl farm boss 029
Normally, I would double nut a bar stud to get it out, but the bar stud is spinning in the housing, in both directions.
Because this is a plastic housing, is there any way to safely remove the bar stud with out breaking the housing ?

Normally, even when housing is stripped the old stud will still back out... May have to double nut and then pull/pry on inside nut while turning stud to get it started?

The oversized stud is part number 1127 664 2410 for your unit if the housing is not cracked at the hole. (STD stud is 1127 664 2400)

Bar stud has a standard right-hand thread on both ends if others run into this...

OP
Breezmeister

Breezmeister

LawnSite Gold Member
Thanks Jeff and Rick. I had a feeling that I would be doing some prying and pulling to get it out. Parts where ordered yesterday and it is the the larger back stud. Thanks again guys.

Top Forums