Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old 30 yr old system.

Old valves were completely buried, no box or anything.
PVB was cracked.

New Manifold with 18" of pvc extended from last valve to add the 5 other zones in 2 weeks.
(note to the wise guys: I understand I need to do it before winter, I am also aware of the fact that if I do not add them there will be water trapped in the remaining length of the manifold)

New PVB with boiler drain
New valves (pgv)
New Boxes
9 new pgps
10 new 4" (SRS & 1800's)
Repaired 3 leaks.

Within two weeks, I plan to have the other 5 lines pulled, 5 more valves with manifold (by using an elbow to the existing manifold), New clock, rain sensor, and everything else in place.

All original zones are renovated and are working far better than before. Did not have room on the crappy phone for the finished pic's. Will get some tomorrow.

Criticism will NOT be allowed. Just Kidding.

Water Plastic bottle Automotive tire Gas Wood

Gas Engineering Machine Waste Soil

Plumbing valve Gas Plumbing Concrete Machine

Motor vehicle Shooter game Gas Pollution Asphalt

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
Yikes!! No criticism? too bad :)

I see a boiler drain BEFORE the PVB. Some of us have debated this before. It does not meet codes here, although I see it a lot.

Good job on pushing for a major upgrade. have fun. :)

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DanaMac:
I only do pvc manifolds. I've replaced about 10 or so poly manifolds this year and switched them over to pvc.

Mike Leary:
Red Wings all the way. Both the boot and hockey team!

Old Valves were 1" richdel and 1 RB.
btw: There were originally 6 zones, however zone 6 is now concrete/driveway extension so its been capped off.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mike Leary & DanaMac:
My thoughts exactly.

( i thought you guys were going to be a though crowd........ or are you only tough on the guys who "think" they know how to do irrigation..... or is the wrath on me still coming? haha)

Anyhow:
I will post the final pic's tomorrow.... (pea gravel, manifold, valves, wiring, box, etc.)

Until then, from what you see, what could have been done better/differently?

·
Registered
5,864 Posts
why do you put all the valves together like that???? Whynot put one here and there ? j/k. I have a client that has moved from the north down here and he keeps thinking we're going to put in a big manifold and asked me to price poly pipe... much to my surprise was more $, of course I understand plowing is cheaper.. unless of course you're on a rock pipe like us in which case it ain't

·
Registered
29,217 Posts
Yikes!! No criticism? too bad :)

I see a boiler drain BEFORE the PVB. Some of us have debated this before. It does not meet codes here, although I see it a lot.

Good job on pushing for a major upgrade. have fun. :)
Your right , it doesnt meet code. It is also the way all reputable companies in NE do it. No sceduling blowouts that way. When a system needs to be inspected , we will put a plug there and then replace it with a boiler drain the first fall.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.