Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres a repair I did that went bad somewhere along the line. Meaning it works, but I'm not so happy about the end product.

I wish I had the original pic before I fixed it. If I remember it was raining all the day I was working on the repair so I probably wasn't all that thrilled to be working on this that day.

I think originally the 2" (wow is that really 2"? looks too small) line cracked at a T so I had to replace that and the valves. This line had to be fixed ASAP in order to keep the whole 1 mile stretch running.

The carboard is covering up a glob of various wires (wiring nightmare) someone spliced and diced so I didn't want to dig out more below and risk cutting any more wires.

(Yeah I know it looks like the primer glue monster took a dump on this...I know I am a sloppy gluer.)

The first fix I did didn't hold. I was counting on some of the angles to work themself out. When I went to glue the last piece of the puzzle it didn't fit into place like i thought it would and when I didn't get it on enough I had to trash it all and start over.

The one problem here was that nothing was 45 or 90 degree angle. Even the 2" line was at such an angle I was afraid to put a quick fix on it since its angle was so different on each side.

Now that I look at again it might have been one of those repairs that might have been easier to just dig EVERYTHING out and redo it all.

·
Registered
14,016 Posts
I'm still confused why you did some of your configurations the way you did. Top pic - valve to the right. there are 10 ells - 45s and 90s combined. I could have gotten that with 4 90s max.

And you call yourself a Texan? :dizzy:

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
I'm still confused why you did some of your configurations the way you did. Top pic - valve to the right. there are 10 ells - 45s and 90s combined. I could have gotten that with 4 90s max.

I count nine... and it could have easily been done with four.

And the other valve... is it a 1" valve ending up at 1.25" pipe? Or does it go up to 1.5"?

And while we're at it, you know all that extra primer weakens the pipe, right?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

those 45s give it better flow ;)

whats missing is the original fix I did that I had to cut out...notice that 1/2" 45 mess on the right goes into a Tee in the dirt.

There is no place to cut that and start over except if I dig out more to get the other side of that tee and then I could have cut that off and started over.

Somewhere along the line I was using parts that I cut off already and that just ending up working...

Maybe I was sniffing too much primer that day :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I count nine... and it could have easily been done with four.

And the other valve... is it a 1" valve ending up at 1.25" pipe? Or does it go up to 1.5"?

And while we're at it, you know all that extra primer weakens the pipe, right?
I believe it went to 1x1/2". I used 1" valve instead of 1x1/2" because we capped most of the heads on that line because they were originally watering a homeowners yard which the HOA wanted to stop. Thats another story.

I calculated out the flow rates based on the number of working heads before doing that.

you guys and I could do that in X amount of parts ;)

more parts = more money ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.