1. Ask the Expert: Fertilization Strategies for Success: Dec. 12, 2017
    Learn how to do more with less when it comes to your fertilization services. Join the live Ask the Expert event hosted by Koch Turf & Ornamental: Dec. 12, 12-2 p.m. ET in the Fertilizer Application forum .

Repairing(ADS polvflex)

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FLC2000, Sep 14, 2012.

  1. FLC2000

    FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,983

    Got a call today from a guy who had some leaks. First was an easy one. Just replaced a 90 on a piece of ABS.

    Got to the second one and found a pipe I have never used in irrigation before. The first repairman had gotten a coupler and some hose clamps and joined the two pieces together but apparently it only lasted a few weeks.

    It was black flexible pipe and the guy with me called it polybutylene.

    I went to my store, picked up a coupler and some clamps got it on. Turned on the system and from the immediate rush of water it started to leak.

    Does anyone have any experience with this pipe and how to repair it?
  2. Wet_Boots

    Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 50,517

    compression fittings might work
  3. txirrigation

    txirrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas
    Messages: 977

    It might be what we call swing pipe. In that case you can use PVC fittings and glue
  4. FLC2000

    FLC2000 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,983

    Good thinking. Ill give that a shot. I told the customer if he really wanted it done right I would have to run PVC from valve to valve and just get that crap out of there. He's not to big on that.

    Even though both were one inch the the outer diameter of the poly is thinner than PVC so it wont work
  5. 1idejim

    1idejim LawnSite Fanatic
    Messages: 11,314

    Ford or muller compression fittings.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Share This Page