Replacent for string trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gregtheturftamer, May 15, 2004.

  1. gregtheturftamer

    gregtheturftamer LawnSite Member
    Messages: 1

    I need to replace my string trimmer with another type of equipment that performs the same function. Holding the string trimmer does a number on my shoulder due to an old injury. Anyone got any ideas? I was thinking of trying the DR Trimmer. It looks somewhat like a regular push mower. I am open to any suggestions. Thanks!
  2. gramps

    gramps LawnSite Member
    Messages: 241

    Get a helper and let him do it.
  3. paponte

    paponte LawnSite Silver Member
    Messages: 2,366

    I second that. ;)
  4. tiedeman

    tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth
    Messages: 8,745

    have you tried both a curved shaft and a straight shaft yet? That could made a difference. I think that the DR would put more of a toll because you would have to lug it around
  5. specialtylc

    specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,656

    The DR push trimmer isnt going to be the answer. You cant edge a property with one of those. Maybe a sholder strap for your trimmer would work for you.

Share This Page