1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Replacing Kohler Fuel PUmp on Walker MOwer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by mcambrose, Apr 5, 2007.

1. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Kohler CH20 on a Walker mower (64554 spec). Kohler parts breakdown says it needs a 24 559 11-S mechanical fuel pump. In the breakdown, I only find the complete pump. Can I buy just the diaphragm?That is all that is wrong. Otherwise, I searched on net and can't find the complete pump part listed. Has it been superceded?

BTW I feel very fortunate because I just had this motor rebuilt and put it back on the tractor. The carb had no fuel. Someone told me I better check the crancase for gase. NO much had come into the oil, but you could smell it on the dip stick. That would have ruined the engine if I hadn't noticed. I will replace the oil and the fuel pump.

2. mcambrose

mcambrose LawnSite Senior Member

I talked with KOhler and found out they don't sell the diaphragm as a separate part. I went to the local dealer and he had the fuel pump assembly in stock. I hope to install it this afternoon.

3. thecrankshaft

thecrankshaft LawnSite Member

Kohler doesn't offer rebuild kits for any of their fuel pumps anymore.... they used to, though!

4. Shawn Mitchell

Shawn Mitchell LawnSite Member

i have a walker Ch20s and it's blowing gas and oil out hose on top motor what to do
    Posted via Mobile Device