• Landscape Lighting Design: Bright Ideas
    With outdoor spaces more popular than ever, lighting these landscapes may be your next opportunity. Click here to learn more.

Reponse rates on advertising this fall?

geoscaper

LawnSite Member
How has it been? My calls so far this fall have been less than 1% so far. I know falls not over with yet, but it seems like in the past it would average out at 2-3%.

hoskm01

LawnSite Fanatic
Did some door to door advertisements, nice 4x6 postcard on card stock, full color both sides, got about 3% calls, landed all jobs thus far, including a larger install that will pay for the advertisements 10x over. Calls are still coming in, so % will go up further hopefully. Also did a personalized letter mailing to an exclusive neighborhood. I have to say, this is the absolute best way to go to target a certain area. Well written and addressed to the actual owners of the house, really gets them calling. This was a neighborhood that must overseed in rye for the Winter per the HOA, so thats what I marketed to them, received 20% call return and landed 80% of those jobs. I will be doing many more of these in the future.