• PPP The Second Time Around
    The Emergency Coronavirus Relief Act of 2020 passed in December contained $284 billion for the renewed Paycheck Protection Program (PPP). Click here to read the article.

Residential Lawn Tractor

buyingnow

LawnSite Member
I have about an acre lot that I recently purchased. The lot is about half wooded, with trees approximately 10' to 20' apart, and half is lawn that is to be mowed all the time. I plan to mow the lawn all of the time and to mulch around the tree areas every 3 times I mow.

I have started to look at lawn tractors with 18" turning radius and I think that is going to be sufficient for my needs. Specifically, I have found a John Deere L111 (20 hp B&S ohv w/ 42" deck) for $1599 with a bag thrown in for free. I have used walk behind Lesco's and that sort of mower before when I mowed commercially and know they are good mowers, but I don't think I need that sort of thing for one yard. Let me know if you have any suggestions or comments.

Travis Followell

LawnSite Silver Member
A JD L series mower would work very well for your yard. Also if you can take a look at Cub Cadet and Husqvarna. They offer a lot for your money and are just as good as the Deere probibly for less money.

mike lane lawn care

LawnSite Bronze Member
a simplicity regent would work great for you

kirk brown

LawnSite Member
it would probably be a good choice for your yard.
if there throwing in the bag to then sure,why not.

zim bob the landscaper

LawnSite Bronze Member
go with the JD there are nice machines IMO.