Restarting my lawn biz.

newbomb

LawnSite Senior Member
Hello everyone been away most of last year. Only cutting one or two last summer. Unfortunately I have to work a 40 hr week for medical and such. I intend to rebuild the business as a small part time thing this Summer. I am hoping to make $200 - $300 a week as extra income. I'm thinking that's very doable right? With this economy I am hoping to pick up some town homes at a MINIMUM of $25 and small single families at $30 - $35 MINIMUM.

Am I on target? Too low? Too High?

jsslawncare

LawnSite Bronze Member
Sounds good to me.

Green Finger

LawnSite Senior Member
bump your prices up a little. You want to make it worth your while, when you are out there cutting grass.

OP
N

newbomb

LawnSite Senior Member
Thank you all so far. I thought I was on track but did very little last year. I am missing it badly

ashgrove landscaping

LawnSite Gold Member
GOOD start! err restart. You can easily do that. Prices could bump up a little to keep with the going rate. Good luck. geesh that s quite the equipment list you have sitting around.

OP
N

newbomb

LawnSite Senior Member
Thanks all I figured my price might be a little low but I wasn't sure what the going rates were. I had kept a few last year but they always did pay well. They equipment list has changed some, got rid of the expensive stuff. I plan to run lean and profitable this time. Sort of a restart with knowledge. Truck and "toy" fever are gone money fever is still around though.