1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Retaining Wall Quote Need HELP

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by GreaterMilwLawnscape, Jun 24, 2003.

1. GreaterMilwLawnscape

GreaterMilwLawnscape LawnSite Member

Landscapers,

I need your help determining a price on the following job, It took a week and a half. I need a resonable price on this so everyone please give me a reasonable quote. Also let me know what you think. Ill show you before and after pics. Thank You

henrys.jpg

2. GreaterMilwLawnscape

Before (Obviously) or what was i thinking????????

henryb4.jpg

3. GreaterMilwLawnscape

Another pic

henrys 8.jpg

4. Lombardi

Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member

Looks good. How do you get jobs before you give the customer a bid prior to starting? If it took almost 8 days to complete you should profit about $6600.00.

5. GreaterMilwLawnscape

They are my wonderful neighbors!!!!!!!!!

6. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I usually bid at $12.00 a block for Keystone. More with the top cap and your wall is more technical then the average. That may give you a place to start. A week and half is a lot of time to account for. how many labor hours are in it?

7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Around 8 grand without knowing all of the details?

So we heard around $12.00\block, 6 grand, & my guess of 8 grand. Are you actually saying you did a 6-8 thousand dollar install without the customer having any idea what you were going to charge them??? Or, without you having any idea what you were going to charge them??? :confused: :dizzy: I'm amazed. I wouldn't have the guts to do that. My first paver job was for my best friend and I basically gave him a good labor rate because I knew I wouldn't be as fast as others & because I needed to get that experience. I gave him the material costs & a decent estimate of how long it should take me so he at least had an idea. I couldn't imagine doing a job like this without giving them at least an idea of what they might be shelling out. BTW, Great job on the wall! Looks nice.