retaining walls

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JRSlawn, Sep 2, 2004.

  1. JRSlawn

    JRSlawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Messages: 640

    I have been looking at different types of block I have used alot of versa lock but am not to happy with it is there any other type of block out there you would recomend. I seen some guys use a coplete hollow block and fill the center with paver mix.


    Jeff Smith
    JRS Lawn & Landscape
  2. GreenMonster

    GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH
    Messages: 2,702

    Allan Block is a hollow core that I use frequently. It is filled with 3/4" crushed stone.

    I've also used Techo-Block, and Anchor, both of which are solid.

    Those three are very prevelant in this area, and one of the three usually meets the need.
  3. NNJLandman

    NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member
    Messages: 1,306

    Why don't you like versa lok? I like to use it of course there are a few down falls to it like the pins never jus fall in but oh well they look nice when they are done.


Share This Page