Lawn Care Forum banner

Reverse pitch ?

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Snyder's Lawn Inc 
#1 ·
Installed a mulch kit on my walk behind and it tells you to set a reverse pitch . Can someone explain why , I always thought you set the pitch forward ?
Posted via Mobile Device

#3 ·
It's so when you're going really fast the air can get up under the deck so you can fly down the straights.

Seriously?
Everyone will have their own methods, not sure if any of it makes a difference but you have to find what suits you, through experimentation. Run it one way for a week, then run it the other way for a week, whichever you like best, that's the way you run it.

I run reverse pitch.

#5 ·
What model mower is it? Almost all decks have some inherent positive pitch built in so maybe this kit is designed for a near level pitch. You'll have to experiment under different conditions what is going to work best. Reversing the pitch from the usual definitely uses more power and you have to travel slower, but mulching requires those factors anyhow.

#10 ·
The reason for it is Reverse Pitch wont loose clippings. If clippings get kick out on the front the mower will get second chance to mulch it up more Forward pitch you might loose some clippings out the back

I had a Mulching deck on one my DC and you could tell the difference between forward and reverse pitch
The reverse pitch left a cleaner cut vs forward pitch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.