1. Trouble Finding PPE, Sanitizer, and Cleaning Supplies?

How can you get what you need for the safety of your crews? Click here to learn more.

Dismiss Notice

Ride on DeThatchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Guido, Jun 20, 2000.

1. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

I can't remember who made these things and its driving me crazy!! I remember back in CT at Schmidts and Serafines in Waterbury (Bill probobly knows of it) They used to carry a de-thatcher that you rode on and it collected all the debris. I knew of one guy that had one, but I've lost touch with him since I joined the service. He said it was a serious timesaver on spring cleanups. Well if anyone can point towards info on something like I'm describing I'd appreciate it greatly! Thanks in Advance.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

2. Prime Seasons

Prime Seasons LawnSite Member

How about a front mount tine dethatcher on a ztr with a central vacuum system? I know that this isn't what you described exactly in your post. Is it, however, applicable to your needs? Or are you talking about a verticutting type dethatcher?<p>gus

3. OP
    OP
    Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry Gus, thats not really what we're looking for. It might have been a broom instead of the usual blades inside a verticutter/dethatcher and thats how it cleaned up so good. I dunno?!<p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://communities.msn.com/guidosequipmentpics/&quot;&gt;&quot;Guido&quot;&lt;/a&gt;<br>David M. Famiglietti

4. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

An Olathe/Toro turf sweeper?

5. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Throw the dethatcher on my Walker and you have what you want. I know its probably not what you are after but mine works like crazy.And it paid for itself in less than a season. (the whole unit that is)

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

smithco, might be the unit you are thinking about.<br>

7. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

this post just reminded me..... last week i saw in tradin times online a toro ride on aerator for 1000 bucks.....how great would that be.... i just bought a used blue bird walkbehind aerater for 650.... i woulf of glady spent the extra cash to ride!

8. Dale

Dale LawnSite Member

The Toro formerly Olathe sweeper unit. You could outfit it with a thatching reel and then sweep and thatch. Golf courses used it in overseeding operations and a lot of parks and rec departments used them. Toro quit making the larger 54 inch unit a couple of years ago and was making the 48 inch unit until they closed the old Olathe plant and quit making all those products.