1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Ride on prices

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GreatRiverLawnCareLLC, May 8, 2019.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

My cub cadet xp had 2 separate tanks, it was nice to have a couple herbs on demand!

Hineline likes this.
  2. buttaluv

buttaluv LawnSite Senior Member
    from MidWest

Hineline, so does Stinger! Ha ha j/k...

3. Hineline

Hineline LawnSite Bronze Member

Every rider should have at least two independent on-demand spray systems. My personal machine has three. The ride on companies make add on sprayers and charge a fortune for them. Tanks and pumps are dirt cheap. We made a two tank add on for our permagreen for well under 100.00 that is a low profile and hangs on the hopper. We made the lithium ion battery pack for 4 dollars to run it. We are also making lithium ion 1 gal grab and go sprayers. My motto is that you should never be more than 3 feet from a sprayer while you are working.

Last edited: May 22, 2019
    Cam15 likes this.
  4. Hineline

12000.00 for a spreader/sprayer that can only spray 11 to 12 feet is ridiculous. What if you take on a 5 acre property that needs a wall to wall treatment? That is just one area that the industry is missing the mark.

Wes Parker likes this.
  5. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I have a five acre weed control app to do this weekend. I could do it with the pathfinder, but im going to use the kubota and boom spray it. Its flat as billiard table and wide open. Its some work to load the tractor and haul the trailer, but I can sit back in the air conditioned cab listen to some tunes, take my time and enjoy the day!

Wes Parker, Hineline and Cam15 like this.
  6. ETM

ETM LawnSite Silver Member
    from GEORGIA

I will spray a 6 acre property wall to wall tomorrow with my turfco 3100 and it will take me 2 1/2 hrs. Been doing it for two yrs. No problem.

7. lawndude28

lawndude28 LawnSite Senior Member

pictures?

8. Hineline

I might take pictures of my machine to show tank config. I won't take pics of the other technologies as my asst and I hope to bring these low cost, time saving products to you guys some day. We have two mind blowing inventions that we are trying to get through patenting. Sprayers and such won't get patents but need time to fabricate and we are buried just like all of you.

I think I saw a drop in tank for a push spreader that cost 600.00. All the companies offer an add on tank and pump system in the 600.00 to 900.00 range. What they are really saying is, "we don't want to deal with this piddly BS so if you make us, you will pay through the nose!".

If I outlined the spreader sprayer I would like to build it would blow your minds and make you want to sell yours.

Another way to look at this, look at the cost of a commercial stand on mower and compare what you get for the money in engineering and heavy duty parts and motors. Sprayers and hoppers aren't that expensive to add to a piece of equipment. I will never buy a new spreader/sprayer.

9. Hineline

I will say that large fleets don't have time to build their own spreader/sprayers and I understand buying new.

10. Hineline

We do that now and get it done. I can spread 20 ft but only spray 12. Seems ridiculous for a 12,000 piece of equipment. At some point I will build an add on boom system for my machine for such jobs. Makes me miss my old golf course superintendent job.

ETM likes this.