Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, my permagreen just surpassed 1700 hrs last week,
shes on her 3rd motor and this one is startin to burn some
oil and run rough--its almost that time -again
so yesterday one of the governer springs broke off,
so i took the Z spray jr out on the job for the 1st time
today. today was a long day.

i feel like a rookie on it
it ran great, spread and sprayed excellent.
i got the hang of it somewhat- on the flat open areas.

however, any sloped and small areas were very
difficult. i lost it on a few slopes that i routinely
cruise across on the PG. and there were a few slopes
i could not make it up( machine actually tipped backward onto
little stop hook) usually cruise right up with PG

there were also a few tight nooks and crannys i could
not get the machine into, that the articulating pg can
zip right into.

this is a typical property of mine, i am re-evaluting whether
this is the right machine for me.
what to do what to do

·
Registered
102 Posts
The first time I loaded the Z-Max on my trailer it tipped like that. I thought I was dead. But stopped on the hooks like yours did.
To me the Pros out weigh the Cons the Z's.
The Cons out weigh Pros on the perma-green.

If this was your first day on the Jr why not give it a few days to get a better feel of the machine.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts

zip right into.

what to do what to do
I'll bet that scared the crap out of you! :eek: That wouldn't be a pretty scene if that thing did turn over. I'm glad it didn't. I hope you get more comfortable running it after you have more time behind the controls. That's not good hearing that it couldn't handle hills your Permagreen COULD handle. I thought Z Jrs. would be supposed to be better on hills that Permagreens. Were the slopes wet?

Rabbitman's not gonna be happy when he reads this thread!

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
First of all Vic why do you make it a point to talk smack about z-spray?
I defend the the z-spray because I have owned the one I have for three years, and it really has been a great machine and has really increased my productivity. It also has saved me lots of money and time. If you get on a bike for the first time you propably will wreck, after a little time you will be running the machine with ease. I will put the z against any machine!
I have owned a perma green its still a good machine but not as good a z-spray! You guys sit on here talk up the t3000, and how much better it is than others. I have some big HOA properties bring out your t3000 and we will see which machine is better and more productive.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dry as a bone, first rain here today in 2-3 weeks!

the first place it i lost it ,the slope went about 6 feet down to a
solid post n rail fence-- the machine actually did a 180 and
i was facing the opposite direction- i think i peed myself jk

ive had the z since may, and have only been practicing on my own
lawn since then. i just had some new flat shoulder tires put on-
best the shop could find- should be wider and taller i think.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I know if I did a 180 on a rider like that, I definitely would have blown my ballast tanks! I'm glad you're alright. You losing traction the way you did, with a fence at the bottom of the hill could have turned out much worse!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
First of all Vic why do you make it a point to talk smack about z-spray?
I defend the the z-spray because I have owned the one I have for three years, and it really has been a great machine and has really increased my productivity. It also has saved me lots of money and time. If you get on a bike for the first time you propably will wreck, after a little time you will be running the machine with ease. I will put the z against any machine!
I have owned a perma green its still a good machine but not as good a z-spray! You guys sit on here talk up the t3000, and how much better it is than others. I have some big HOA properties bring out your t3000 and we will see which machine is better and more productive.
I don't talk smack about Z'Sprays. In the thread where the 3 major riders are compared, I complimented Z'Sprays. I paid that compliment having actually HAD experience using Z'Sprays. You know. I was making what's called an INFORMED statement, unlike others who devalue machines that they've never even operated.
Anyone who tries to tell me that Z'Sprays aren't great machines is fighting a losing battle, because I have first-hand experience to the contrary.
Having also run a T3000, I also believe that they are every bit as good and efficient of a machine as Z'Sprays are in my humble opinion. I have to admit that the T3000 fits my needs better than any rider out there right now. If I don't buy a T3000 when I'm ready to purchase a rider, it will be because of it costing so much more than a Z Jr.

·
Registered
509 Posts
OK here is a stupid question and you can say so but atleast answer it for me. I live in Kansas City MO how do I get in contact with someone about demoing the zspray unit. When you demo the unit do they let you use it on your properties. Sorry I may sound amuaterish and I know that. I have not demoed anything in my working career and would like to know. Thanks

Matt

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
OK here is a stupid question and you can say so but atleast answer it for me. I live in Kansas City MO how do I get in contact with someone about demoing the zspray unit. When you demo the unit do they let you use it on your properties. Sorry I may sound amuaterish and I know that. I have not demoed anything in my working career and would like to know. Thanks

Matt
That's not a dumb question. Just give Z'Spray a call and ask about demoing one of their machines. If you click on their link, you can get their number, or maybe Rabbit has it and can give it to you.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
i am sure z spray has a dealer close by i would think any way....

how much are the T3000 going for i know my jr was over 8k and that was last year...like others have said it a good machine takes some getting used to...its night and day different then a pg i went and looked at the pg at lesco and then and looked at the jr the same day and like i said night and day difference just by looking at it...i wish the T3000 was around when i got my jr i would have looked at it.....

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Not long ago I was quoted a price of approximately $6,700 for a 36" Z Jr. with no hose reel, or carrying bins for fert bags.

I was quoted a price of approximately $8,500 for a T3000 and told that the price would be going up to around $8,700 soon. For exact prices, I'd call the companies and ask though.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
tks vic...i looked at my paper work i paid 8800.00 with the hose reel and carrying bins..i am in south florida so i am sure the freight was high b/c of that also..the dealer had one on the show room floor....

·
Registered
10,138 Posts
i am pretty sure zspray is a factory direct company only with no dealers at all. you may still be able to arange a demo, but that is less likely to happen i would think. we demoed them at the trade show which worked well enough for us and have been sold on them and now own 2.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
But if you service properties that are that hilly, it sounds like you would have been much better served had you purchased a T3000 instead. I've run those things up, down and across hills that would make a mountain goat run for the flat lands. I know it's too late now though unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts

zip right into.

what to do what to do
I took one of my Bobcat ZTR w/ JRCO Mount fabed a lesco truckster to the front, I mounted a 25 gal tank above the engine ran 3/8 poly line down to two spray nozzles on the front and get 12ft of spray. I have a trac vac on the back so on hills w/ 20 gallons and a empty truckster you quite possibly could soil your tighty ****** underwear sometimes. The solution: I put a weight kit on the front I can get on some sick hills now. The tires will slide before it tips.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
To demo a Z-Spray, all you have to do is call L.T. Rich. They will gladly send you a list of guys near your area who have them. That way you can contact them to see if you can try they machine. We did that, and it was very helpful. Z-Sprays are fine rigs. Well built. Fine customer support.

We tried 2 models (Z-Max & a Junior 42"), but we tried both on wet grass & slopes.

So if anybody wants to try our T3000, we'll gladly let them try it 24/7. We are in Des Moines, IA. It has been documented to run on 45 degree slopes (not recommended) at the same safe speed. This is why we will purchase another T3000 this winter.

PM me if you want to try a T3000, but keep in mind that I will not badmouth any other ride-on. Just see for yourself and decide.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
american would you mind shipping your t3000 out to MA for me to give it go?
jk, im sure some one out here will have one soon-

just bought a z-plug, so i think i will consider re motoring the PG for now,
and look into some other new ride-on options for next year

·
Banned
221 Posts
JB,

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with our unit. I would be curious to see what tires you replaced the stock ones with. Also I am puzzled on how you can get your Permagreen into areas where you can't get a zero turn into. There definitely is a learning curve with zero-turns. Also on hills be sure to leave the hopper light and put bags of fert in the trays for added rear weight.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
agreed there is a learning curve with zero turns, though i did run a
turf tracker for about 4 1/2 seasons -years ago. i have a good feeling
for how a front heavy zero turn operates. I must admit that you
can not jump off a sit down ZT and get on a stand on ZT and expect to
be a pro- its different.
Im not to thrilled with the tires the shop put on, invoice says
20x8-8 turf saver

yes the bags of fert in the rear trays helped quite a bit

off topic,
did my Zplug really fall off the fedex truck?
i hate fedex, they always screw up

ive been using newpenn for my other business with great results

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.