1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Riding Mower Recomendation

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BrianWilson, Apr 17, 2003.

1. BrianWilson

BrianWilson LawnSite Member

I have been lurking around for awhile and was wondering what you thought about Grasshopper riding mowers. Dealers in my area seem to have a VERY limited selection of lawn equipment.
    If you could give me your honest opinion on this matter I would sure be grateful. I am looking at the Grasshopper 725G2 24.5 HP liquid cooled Kubota 3 cylinder gasoline engine. I will be mowing large areas, from 1/2 acre to 3 acres, residential and commercial.

Thank you for you input.

http://www.grasshoppermower.com/

725_catch2.jpg

2. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Brian,
    Where are you from?

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Go up top to search-type in grasshopper725g2,I got 29 replys to your question,theres bunches on gh and kubota in file.:)

4. Navig8r

Navig8r LawnSite Senior Member

Brian,

Sorry, but I cant help you on your question, but I just wanted to say....................

Welcome to Lawnsite!:waving:

5. BrianWilson

I live in Watertown. What should the 725G2 cost?
    The dealer quoted me a price of 11,400.00 with a 61 inch deck.
    Thank you for all your replies.

6. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

Brian,
    There is an Exmark, Great Dane, and maybe even a Scag dealer down in Sioux Falls. Maybe you should go check them out before you get the Grasshopper.

I know the Great Dane dealer. His name is Kevin Severson. His number at the dealer is 605-323-2798.

7. Bill 2

Bill 2 LawnSite Member

I kinow this is a late reply, but, I am going to buy a 725G2. The dealer is ordering, will be here in a coiuple days and the price is $10,500.00 + tax.

Was orginally going to buy the 721D, my dealer and a couple other people talked me out of it. All said the 725G2 w/Kubota gas had more power.

8. BrianWilson

Does that price you were quoted include a bagger? The price I was givin was for the 725G2 with the three bag system.

9. Bill 2

Bill 2 LawnSite Member

No bagger, your thread did not say anything about a bagger so I assumed you were only talking the mower, as stated.

Just talked to my dealer again, and he may come up with a better price yet.

10. Grass Master

Grass Master LawnSite Senior Member

Brian..

I am not a big fan of Grasshopper and there are very few sold in my area commercially.

If what the other reply said is true and there is a Great Dane dealer in your market, give the new Chariot a try. They are awesome units, very well built at competitive prices.

I purchased a 61" 25 HP with HD air cleaner for $7,399!! They also make a more deluxe model for $7,999.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!