Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to sell my toro Zmaster, next door to where we are working is this other lawn company(Ratty old truck and trailer), so i ask him if he was looking to get a rider for his operation. He tells me that riders make fat landscapers. I think riders make fat wallets, how bout you guys?

·
Banned
8,742 Posts
Something similar to the riders... as soon as I got sulkies for my mowers I put on like 20lbs within two months.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
haha. Laziness makes people fat. If i can get the job done quicker I will gain the couple of pounds because I know that I am active enough to lose it again anyway. He is an idiot, and didnt have enough dough in his wallet to buy it.

WHY ARE YOU SELLING IT? "gaining weight?"

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I was fat before buying my Z's, LOL!

Now my New Toro is proving a real money maker and energy saver, bugger me, I'm getting fatter! Perhaps I should push the thing around instead of riding it :)

I'm not a landscaper, ride on mowing only...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
damn son, get a grip. yes ride on mowers make u fat. tell u why. as lawnboys, we spend most of our time mowing,if that time is spent on your butt, well? look above. walk as much as u can

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Originally posted by bobbygedd
damn son, get a grip. yes ride on mowers make u fat. tell u why. as lawnboys, we spend most of our time mowing,if that time is spent on your butt, well? look above. walk as much as u can
Bobby is correct!! I was 90lb's wet:eek:

Water Azure Comfort Naval architecture Sky

·
Registered
308 Posts
Originally posted by GrassFearsMe
I am trying to sell my toro Zmaster, next door to where we are working is this other lawn company(Ratty old truck and trailer), so i ask him if he was looking to get a rider for his operation. He tells me that riders make fat landscapers. I think riders make fat wallets, how bout you guys?
This statement is typical of todays society. It's always someone else's fault. Blaming obesity on a lawn tractor is however a new one though. Kind of like blaming the gun for shooting someone.
Riding on a tractor does not make you obese. The eating habits of the rider however does. I lost twenty five pounds over the winter... when I am least active. How did I do it. I dramatically cut my consumption of pop and drink lots of water for starters. Simply cutting back the excessive portions at dinner time is another.
Oh, by the way... Z's do fatten up the wallet though.
Craig

·
Registered
980 Posts
It comes down to this. Determine your goal, health or money. You probably WILL stay healthier and have a better cardio if you walk behind a mower all day long. You will NOT be AS productive as you can be. On the flip side, you can go faster and save yourself alot of hard work by sitting on a mower all day. You might at best get a sun tan. Riding a mower brings an old saying to mind, i love work- i can watch it all day long. I figure this one is pretty much a no brainer.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
I would lose 15-20 pounds every summer when I was using my walkbehind, with no sulkey. I would put it back on in the winter. Now that I have my Z, I put it back on in the winter and it never went away. My wallet grew fatter also though.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I don't let the eqipment my workers use effect my health... just my wealth. LOL

·
Registered
128 Posts
Guys its all a matter of disciplining yourself, nothing wrong with the "z" I lost 40lbs over the winter went from 240, to 200, I am loving my new weight, increased energy, how did i do it, similar to what Craigs lawncare said, simply stop eating more junk, cut down on your portion sizes, and I also walk on my treadmill at home, at first i was doing 1 hour everyday, because I really wanted to drop, then i cut back to like 20-30 minutes everyday, then 20 minutes every other day to mantain.. I just got my first exmark wb 48" I am loving it, i am considering the sulky, once I grow with that, then i will consider the "z" don't forget you should still be getting some exercise from edging, blowing and trimming, it may not be much, but hey it will contribute to your daily activities.. seriously though gentlemen, if you are overweight like i was, your health is directly impacted, I had trouble breating at night snoring etc.. once I lost this weight, I breathe easier, sleep much better, take care of your bodies, and they will take care of you. as long as your getting at least 30 - 45 minutes of physical activity and watching what you eat, you can ride the Z's all day long guys!! I can't wait to get my "z" next year perhaps, for now I will sulky it up on the wb, speaking of which guys, what do you think about the sit down sulkies, are they worth it, do they feel as comfortable as the seats on the Z"s

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
the fact is your not going to lose weight while you on a z, but its not going to make you gain it. I most deff. fluxuate in weight from summer to winter. As soon as I start up again in the spring, I will lose a good 10-15 pounds just from walking behind a walkbehind.

Modify what you eat, I am a member of weight watchers, I am young (16) and last winter I weighed almost 210 pounds (5'11"), now a year later I am almost 15 pounds lighter. I go for walks, no more soda (water instead) and I watch what I eat. I feel better and look better.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
and the tacos from Taco Bell, the double cheeseburgers from Mickey Dees, Miller Lite, etc.......If it were true that riders made you fat, i'd rather be fat, than skinny and poor.......:D

·
Banned
10,160 Posts
yea, you'll need lots of money to pay for that tripple bypass. lose your health, there's nothing left.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Walking behind a mower is great but it is so much slower, that is the only reason why i ride. I really dont care what i mow with just how fast can i do it. Many times i found i am at a near run behind my 52 hydro and i just cant get the same amount done.
P.S. I am in shape. Round is a shape right!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.