Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having trouble knocking back Poa on Tifgreen 328 Golf Greens. Applied Revolver at .40 with moderate success but would like to see better.

Thinking of trying Rimsulfuron. I've Never used it before. Any users out there? Results?

What do you think?

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Are the greens greening up? If so, Rimsulfuron or else Flazasulfuron are possibilities

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
If they were not greened up, Diquat or Glyphosate or Glufosinate. Since they are starting to green up, Rimsulfuron or Flazasulfuron.

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Rimsulfuron is labeled for Bermuda greens. So is Flazasulfuron.

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rimsulfuron is labeled for Bermuda greens. So is Flazasulfuron.
Do you think one over the other would be more effective?
I'm was considering Rimsulfuron at 1oz. but really wasn't aware Flaza was labeled for greens.

Almost seems the Poa is showing resistance to Revolver

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Flazasulfuron + some Urea tank mixed seems to be a pretty sure killer of cool season contaminants.

I am sure Rimsulfuron + 0.1 lb Urea N/M will perform as well. Flazasulfuron has a dual use in that it is also active against sedges. Labeled for weed control on greens.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I’m with Rey on this one. Flazasulfurin is the go to here due to efficacy and labeling.

And yes, *Rimsulfuron will nuke the poa in 14-21 days @ .25oz/a.I. per acre + MSO @ your preferred rate. Water that in on day 2 if possible.

May want to consider a Flumioxazin/Gly app at 12oz in the January timeframe on the greens to cleanup - unless you use Oxadiazon. This will easily keep them clean through August with no ill rooting effects.

* Rimsulfuron will delay greenup

·
Registered
8,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm with Rey on this one. Flazasulfurin is the go to here due to efficacy and labeling.

And yes, *Rimsulfuron will nuke the poa in 14-21 days @ .25oz/a.I. per acre + MSO @ your preferred rate. Water that in on day 2 if possible.

May want to consider a Flumioxazin/Gly app at 12oz in the January timeframe on the greens to cleanup - unless you use Oxadiazon. This will easily keep them clean through August with no ill rooting effects.

* Rimsulfuron will delay greenup
Do you work on greens much?

Thanks for the input CAN & GD

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Not golf greens but I considered trying some negate( rimsulfuron + msm) but msm doesn’t do well in cold weather.

I think the stand alone rimsulfuron is not labeled for residential

·
Registered
11,734 Posts
Any idea what effect Rim might have on Bull Paspalum ?
Might mess it up a little. I know Metsulfuron, Iodosulfuron, Trifloxysulfuron, and Foramsulfuron are very hard on Paspalum species.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts