RLS Pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by RLS24, Jan 21, 2010.

1. OP
    OP
    RLS24

RLS24 LawnSite Bronze Member

The old '99 (#3) is finally gone for good. Bye, Felicia!! I picked up 2 new rigs for the winter....

This will be the new #3. It's an identical twin to #2. 2006 2500HD W/T 6.0 gas. This truck will be getting the dump insert from the old #3 and a Boss V-plow on the front.
    [​IMG]

This is #4. 2002 Chevy 2500HD I bought it from the original owner with 66k on it. A little rust but its a really nice truck. For now, this will not be getting a dumper in it. It will also have an 8'2" Boss V-blade and a Daniels rear blade.
    [​IMG]

I also bought a leaf loader. We needed to haul everything out of the one HOA we do, so with the Walkers it was either get a dump trailer with ramps or this. I mounted it to the trailer because we only need it for that one place so I didn't want to to be married to a truck. After this pic was taken, we made some additional modifications including a tube from the discharge chute into the truck, as well as sealed off the back of the truck a little more.
    [​IMG]

And some Walker pictures
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mitch's lawn

Mitch's lawn LawnSite Member

Have you ever demoed a scag vride? Im digging the enclosed trailer set up. The people at your treasurers office must know you by name by now with all the trucks you have had.

3. OP
    OP
    RLS24

The first '06 has been around for almost 6 years now. It was my "personal/work" truck for quite a while before losing the fancy wheels, mud tires and backrack and getting a dump insert put in it. The '99 I just got rid of has also been around for at least 4-5 years. We've tried different things over the years, and found that 6.0 gas chevys are the most reliable, have the best towing (no more 5.4 fords, thanks!) and push snow the best. If they are Dark Imperial Blue Metallic, that is also a plus! So thats what we're going with.

Speaking of trying things, we did actually demo a Scag V-ride this summer. We had been using Wright Standers and the Scag Tiger Cat up until then. With the V-ride, we were really hoping to get the cut quality of the Tiger Cat but with the agility and maneuverability of the Wright. Unfortunately, that was not the case. A few years back, I had the opportunity to demo a Toro Grandstand as well, and many of the complaints I had about that were the same with the V-Ride. It seems like the companies that are making stand ons with the platform hanging off the back all seem to have the same issues: the operator is up too high and it feels like you are constantly going to fall off, and I assume since there is all that weight hanging off the back, they have to make them so much longer to counter-act that weight up front. This was a huge problem, as the V-ride wouldn't fit in the trailer with the Tiger Car, even if the platform was folded up. Not even close. For a stand on, Wright certainly has the ergonomics down to a science, but they just can't seem to get the cut quality issues figured out. A couple years ago, I got an OLD used Walker to use for leaf cleanups. It had "unknown hours" on it, was slow, burned oil, and was just worn out, but overall the potential was there. Now that we have 2 newer Walkers, they do everything that we need. The guys are happy running them, we have seen a significant improvement in efficiency (emptying the hopper 4-5 times a day as opposed to emptying a steel catcher sometimes 4-5 times per lawn), and not to mention the customers are thrilled with cut quality. At this point, I don't see any reason to use anything else, but we still have the Tiger Cat for larger properties and as a back up.

4. OP
    OP
    RLS24

Haven't been on in a while. Heres a picture of all my junk cleaned up and looking pretty (about all it's good for with hardly any snow this year)

IMG_32432.jpg

PLLandscape likes this.