• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Robin Back Pack Blower. Got one?

dhicks

Just wondering if anybody is using a Robin Back Pack Blower. My equipmnet dealer has one model on sale for $399.00. The spec sheet says this machine produces 260 mph of wind.

If so, this must be one of the most powerful blowers on the market. I need your comments about this machine and Robin. Thanks!

Keith

LawnSite Platinum Member
I have used a Robin handheld :D I don't think that counts. I am sure it is a fine machine, we just don't have many Robin dealers around. What is the advertised air volume at the tube? That is the key number to look at.

bob

LawnSite Platinum Member
Go with a big Redmax or Shindaiwa!

i have the robin back pack blower,and the br400 and the shindawia is much better,i wont buy robin again,my weed wacker(robin)seized up this week.and its only 6months old.

eslawns

LawnSite Senior Member
Scott,

Sorry to get away from the point but which Robin trimmer do you use? I looked at their line at the Expo. I was impressed, but... What DON'T you like about your BP?

Bob

Indiana

LawnSite Member
I use all Robin trimmers. I love them. I have a 211, 253, and a new 2001. The 211 has been in service since 1990. I run good gas and oil in them and they run great.

I have looked at the backpack blower but not bought one. I have two Husqvarna 455 back packs that work good. So I saw no need to trade.