Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its roughly 4-5 years old. I checked spark plug is good,air filter is still good, fuel filter is good, took carb off inside looked really clean, muffler was decently clean, exhaust port is clean.

Trimmer is under powered and bogs a ton...won't rev up even with no line it sounds like its hitting a rev limiter making like a rrrrraabbbaaabbaaaabbbbbbaaa sound :hammerhead:

Gets worse when you flip the trimmer upside down to edge it almost kills the motor.

What else should I check? I looked all over the carb and it didn't seem to have any screws to adjust high low speed operation. Not sure if this is one of those EPA fixed carbs that you can't adjust?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Is there a screen inside the muffler? the exhaust seems to come out well...it will burn your hand if you hold it more than a couple seconds infront of the exhaust outlet.
Hi,

There should be a screen in the muffler which may be stopped up. Search the muffler for it and disassemble the muff if possible (to find the screen). If you clean it and put it back in, It will stop up quicker the next time. On my personal stuff, I leave it out.

Your problem sounds like it is running lean. There are many places that can cause it to run lean. Take it to a good shop and have them tune it up if you do not want to mess with it. If you want to tune it yourself, let me know and I will post the tune up procedure I use.

Good Luck
echoman

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I swapped mufflers with another 25cc robin that I have been robbing parts from. Runs pretty close to perfect again. The inside rim of the muffler had the exhaust screen in it and it was pretty well shot. I know when I got it that the opening of the muffler were the exhaust came out had one and I took that out even before the first use. I was not expecting 2 screens...none the less im glad its back to working order.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I swapped mufflers with another 25cc robin that I have been robbing parts from. Runs pretty close to perfect again. The inside rim of the muffler had the exhaust screen in it and it was pretty well shot. I know when I got it that the opening of the muffler were the exhaust came out had one and I took that out even before the first use. I was not expecting 2 screens...none the less im glad its back to working order.
Great, I'm glad the solution was simple.

echoman

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.